Andes Explorer Tour
11 – 22 August, 2019
Why go to the beach when you can surf fresh pow in the Chilean Andes…
The Andes are known for their tall mountains and mountaintop resorts beyond 3650m. This makes for great snow conditions and amazing views (when it’s not snowing).
We start the trip in Santiago where we get to be tourists for the afternoon. After breakfast, we’ll drive to The Powderlodge, our home for the coming days. We’ll spend the afternoon warming up the muscles at a nearby resort.
With a local guide, on the first morning, we’ll head towards El Colorado, La Parva or Valle Nevado depending on snow and weather. Most of the day we’ll be riding the best lift accessible zones.
After our last day riding these resorts we’ll jump in the car and drive to Termas de Jahuel Hotel. A beautifully located hotel with an amazing pool. From here we’ll head out for a day cat skiing and exploring the fun backcountry terrain that is accessible via cat. The available terrain is like any heliski terrain with beautiful views,
After our day riding Ski Arpa, we’ll head back to Santiago for a fun night in the town.
The next morning we’ll transfer from Santiago to Nevados de Chilean. Here we’ll spend the next 3 days riding it’s great tree runs. At the end of each day, you’ll get to soak in the local natural hot springs.
This is an unforgettable freeride trip for experiencing a mix of great culture, delicious cuisine, and some unbelievable terrain.
This tour is fully guided by the First Tours team. We’ll show you the best spots on and off the mountain. Due to small groups places are strictly limited. Start your booking now.
Day 1 - Santiago
- Shuttle airport - hotel, Santiago
- Accommodation in a comfortable hotel with a pool, Santiago
Day 2 - Tres Valles
- Santiago - Tres Valles transfer
- lift ticket Tres Valles
- Guiding Tres Valles
- Accommodation in a comfortable lodge with hot tub
Day 3, 4 & 5 - Tres Valles
- Transfer to the ski area
- Lift ticket Tres Valles
- Accommodation in a comfortable lodge with hot tub or pool
Day 6 - Cat skiing
- Transfers to and from ski resort
- Cat skiing with guide
- Accommodation in comfortabel lodge
Day 7 - Transfer day
- Transfer to Nevados de Chillan
- Lunch at the vineyard (not included)
- Accommodation in a comfortable lodge.
Day 8, 9 & 10 - Nevados de Chillan
- Lift ticket Nevados de Chilean
- All day guiding
- Transfer to the ski resort
- Accommodation in a comfortable lodge
Day 11 - Santiago
- Transfer to train station
- Accommodation in comfortabel hotel with pool, Santiago
Reviews Scores and Score Breakdown
Been on this tour before? Let us know what it was like!
- 2 nights Santiago
- 3 nights Tres Valles with dinner
- 2 nights San Estaban
- 4 nights Nevados de Chillan
- Daily breakfast
- Lift pass for Tres Valles & Nevados de Chillan
- 1 day cat skiing at Ski Arpa
- Daily guiding
- 'First Tours' guide for the duration of the tour
- Free access to Rome powder boards
- Backcountry gear (beeper, probe, shovel, backpack)
- Travel insurance